Each shared kitchen has designated shelf space for each guest in the cupboards, refrigerator and freezer, and in Florence each floor has a shared pantry. In Barcelona and Paris, communal kitchens also include a shared living room and television.
Barcelona kitchens are shared among 11 guests, and Paris kitchens are shared among 7-10 guests. If you’re staying in Florence, Bologna or Dresden, your communal kitchen is shared with all residents. And if you’re staying at one of our locations in The Netherlands or Berlin in a room with shared kitchen access, you’ll share the space with 7-16 other guests (students will share with other students, and Extended Stay guests with other Extended Stay guests).
If you're staying at our locations in The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Spain or France, monthly room cleaning and linen change is included. Our shared kitchen gets regular surface cleaning, and all common areas are cleaned daily.
If you're staying in Italy, monthly room cleaning is included and linen and towels are provided upon arrival. Our communal kitchen and all common areas are cleaned daily.
Need extra room cleaning? Just book via the TSH Life App. (Price depends on your room type and location.)
Meal deals can be purchased at the time of booking or at any time after check-in via the TSHLife app. At our Vienna location you can purchase your meal deal at reception. All meals must be redeemed within 4 weeks of purchase. Your meal card can be redeemed at The Commons or La Forastera at our Barcelona Marina location.
Meal deals are not available at Paris or Barcelona Poble Sec properties.
In order to ensure our community remains safe, comfortable and protected, we’ve put a number of measures in place that align with our new motto: ‘Fun and safety first'. To check our general safety measures, take a look at our COVID-19 dedicated page HERE.
Free nights can be redeemed at any time during your stay and must be redeemed before final check-out.
Free student nights must be booked with the same email address used to book your Semester stay. Nights can be redeemed at any TSH location except TSH Campus Barcelona locations and the location you are staying in. You can book three nights separately (for a maximum of three total nights) or one booking of three nights. Use promo code “FREE3NIGHTS” when making the booking. Parents are entitled to one free night stay in the TSH location of the student’s semester stay. Use promo code “PARENTNIGHT” when booking. Free parent night must be redeemed with the parent’s details as well as student's reservation number and location of their semester stay.
When making any of the reservations, always select the option ""I'm booking for myself."" Bookings should be made a minimum of 3 nights in advance of the stay.
To extend the stay beyond the allocated free nights, please make a separate reservation (based on availability) for the additional nights on our website. All free night bookings are subject to availability. Breakfast and other add-ons are not included - if purchased during the booking, they need to be paid for upon arrival. Bookings can be cancelled or modified up to 24 hours before the arrival date. In the case of a no-show, the offer is considered redeemed. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash.
In TSH locations where city tax applies, this needs to be paid upon arrival (see below).
We love to meet your friends and family. Stayovers can only stay when the main booker is still in the room and the size of your bed is for 2 persons, not possible in standard/economy single rooms (all locations) and in Bologna the economy queens. A bit boring but these are the conditions: maximum 7 days per month & the guest needs to register at the reception. For this person, we need to charge the standard city tax per night.
Yes, you can register for city tax exemption at our address for the duration of your stay. Registration can be done at the city hall with your booking confirmation, proof that you are enrolled at university and a proof of ID such as your passport. Win! Here is an overview on the registration requirements per country:
- The Netherlands: registration is mandatory in order to be exempt from paying the city tax.
- Germany: you need to register at the city hall in order to be exempt from paying the city tax.
- Spain: city tax is not applied on the student stays, however you need to register at the city hall to gain access to the health system. Students can ask for the necessary documents at reception.
- Italy: in Florence, registration is not mandatory and city tax is not applied on student stays. In Bologna, registration is not mandatory but city tax is applied on the student stays. - France: registration is not mandatory and city tax is not applied to the student stays.
- Austria: if your stay is longer than 3 months you need to register at the city hall to be exempt from paying the city tax.
Yes, you can! If you wish to arrive earlier or extend your stay just let our reservations department know at email@example.com (except for TSH Maastricht). Extensions and early arrivals are subject to availability. For TSH Maastricht you need to book a regular hotel booking based on availability.
Also, remember that you cannot stay longer than 12 months in one location in the following countries: The Netherlands, Italy and Germany. In Austria the maximum stay is 18 months.
Step 2: Sign up with the email address you used for your TSH booking and choose a new password.
Step 3: Verify your email address (you'll receive a verification link via email).
Step 4: Close the TSHBike app and reopen again to refresh. Step 5: Hop on your bike and get exploring!
There are lots of perks included in your rate! Let’s break them down:
– Fully-furnished room with private bathroom
– Free on-site laundry with washers and dryers
– Access to a shared equipped kitchen with regular cleaning (or a private kitchen if you have a Studio)
– Wi-Fi, utilities and maintenance – Wellbeing services including yoga classes
– Free Skillshare.com membership
– Access to a bike during your stay (only in The Netherlands, Germany, Italy and Austria)
– Access to common spaces including lounge, games area, study area, gym and rooftop swimming pool (where available)
- Reception team available 24/7
- Year-round calendar of social events and group activities
- Linen, towels and regular room cleaning
- Membership to our co-working space (where available)
- 1 free night's stay for a parent
- 3 free nights at any of our locations across Europe (except Barcelona)
- TSH Collab access More info on student perks can be found HERE.
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for...
Contact your local reservation team via the WhatsApp number below!